Nepal is a landlocked central Himalayan country in South Asia. Being a small country, it has got lots of interesting facts hidden inside it. Let’s have a look at some of the facts.
- Nepal has over 80 ethnic groups and 123 languages.
- Nepal was once named as weed capital. Being the weed capital, it was also homeland of hippies.
- Nepal has the densest grouping of UNESCO World Heritage sites. It has got 10 world legacy sites with 7 of them located within the radius of 15 km inside Kathmandu Valley.
- Nepal is the only country with an altitudinal variation of 50 to 8849 meters above sea level, resulting to a wide ecological and climatic variation ranging from hot tropical climate to cols Alpine one.
- Nepal is home to 8 out of the 10 highest mountains on the planet.
- Nepal follow its own calendar known as the Bikram Sambat calendar which is 67 years ahead of the Georgian calendar followed in the west.
- Nepal is called “Amazon Of Asia”, as it is still home to 8.9% bird species, 4.2% butterfly and 3.96% of mammalian species in the world.
- Nepal ranks second on having slowest internet, 32% internet connection is below 256 kbps.
- Nepal’s economic growth has rebounded strongly and has reached 7.5% in the fiscal year 2017 making it 3rd rank of “World’s fastest growing economies”.